Previous:Use of New Graphics,
4.3.3 Graphics Errors
The following errors can occur when trying to load new graphics. Each error describes
the file that caused the error, and the place within the file where the error occured
(the so-called "sprite number").
- Out of memory: TTDPatch ran out memory when trying to load more sprites.
Make more memory available to it, or remove some entries from
- Wrong .grf version: This .grf file is for a different version of TTDPatch.
Download the correct version of either the graphics, or the patch.
- Cannot load more sprites: The total number of sprites that TTD can handle is
limited at 11484 active sprites. You must deactivate or remove some entries from
newgrf(w).cfg to get below that limit.
- File not found: The specified file does not exist. Check to make sure that
it is installed in the
newgrf folder, and that you haven't made a typo when
entering it in
- More sprites than specified: This is an error caused by a corrupt .grf file. It
has to be fixed by the author of the graphics file. It means the first entry in the
graphics file's info file is wrong.
- File has invalid sprite: This is an error caused by a corrupt .grf file, or by
an invalid parameter in
newgrf(w).cfg. If you have one or more numbers after the
newgrf(w).cfg, remove all numbers and try again. If the error still
occurs, it's a problem in the graphics file, and needs to be fixed by the author.